Friday, January 28, 2005

Hello, precious!

Look what I got in the mail yesterday:


Barbara Walker's Treasuries are considered the best stitch dictionaries around, and I agree. The hardcover editions are out-of-print, and have to be hunted down as used copies on Amazon or ebay. I got this one on Amazon, and it's in excellent condition. The dust jacket is a bit worn, and the pages yellowed, but it looks untouched otherwise. It was a great bargain at less than $30 including S&H, and now joins the first Treasury (in similar condition, also from Amazon, also slightly less than $30) on my bookshelf.

I have not knit a row since Sunday. Grandma's socks are starting to drag and I want to finish them quickly. Sigh.

2 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Ooh, I may have to borrow that. :)
You could join a knitalong for sock-finishing incentive - I did.
http://sockittome.blogspot.com

One of these weekends my kids won't be sick and I can come back to TG.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger grumperina said...

You are welcome to borrow it any time - just let me know in advance. I finished the socks, by the way; it took a lot of willpower. I haven't yet joined a knit-along... I'm not sure if it's for me, I don't like rules and deadlines unless I impose them myself :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home