Friday, February 11, 2005

Clapo... NO!

I love the Clapotis. I have not made a Clapotis, but the design is SPECTACULAR. I'm a difficult person to please, and I don't dole out adjectives like 'spectacular' often. Kate Gilbert, are you reading this? You are brilliant for designing the Clapotis.

However, everyone and their mother is knitting a Clapotis. In particular, Betsy is making a gorgeous one. And everyone else is making one. And I'm sick and tired or reading about it... the Clap, Clapotwo, Clapothree, blah blah blah.

I'm taking a stand. I will knit something more original. I will not look like everyone else. I am my own boss! (insert Eric Cartman voice) I do wha' I want!

I feel what I feel when I think about Fun Fur. This is very sad, because the Clapotis is... spectacular. Sigh.

5 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. It's the same reason I've avoided joining knitalongs.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger grumperina said...

Me too! I have never joined a knitalong. I think a knitalong is okay if everyone is making socks, all different ones, for example. Or a knitalong focused on an entire book of projects. But if everyone is making the exact same thing... Bahh!

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, don't be disappointed, but I'm going to make this, but half the width TYVM. I've chosen a pima cotton Schaefer yarn, Laurel, in colorway Emily Dickinson, which is shades of pink, peach, light bronze and pale sage green. Way out of my usual color range, but quite springy/summery. There are 400 yards in the skein, and that should make a half-size Clapotis quite easily (full-size is 600yds).

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about seeing another person out there with a clapotis! They are really fun to make, it may suck you in. I tried to join a couple of knit alongs, but I never finished what I was making! So I don't join them anymore. Beth (big geek)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger grumperina said...

CatBookMom, I'm not disappointed. We are bosses of our own knitting, and we all do what we want! The colorway sounds gorgeous!

Big geek, you say it "may suck me in." Tell ya what, if I get sucked in, I will go to my local arts & crafts store, buy a skein of Fun Fur and completely mutilate it - cut it up, put it in a blender, whatever. I'll take pictures and send you the slideshow. Oh, no, now I'm tempted to make it just to do Fun Fur mutilation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home