Saturday, February 12, 2005

I got the third!

Other than swatching for the KnitPicks review, I have not knit one row this entire week. I've been busy with work-related stuff, sigh.

But look what the knitting fairy brought me a few days ago:


I got this out-of-print hardback edition on eBay, and it's in great condition. The dust jacket is a little worn and the pages are a bit yellowed from age, but it looks untouched otherwise. I paid $38, including shipping. This is a little more than what I paid for the first and second edtitions, but ... I wanted it! If you were the one bidding against me just seconds before the auction's end, I'm sorry. I did outbid you. I eBay a lot, and I know how to make sure I get the item if someone is also bidding at the last moment.

I take it back. I'm not sorry, I'm gleeful :-D. Now I got the first, second, and third out-of-print hardback editions of Barbara Walker's Knitting Treasuries. Woohoo!

2 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! Thanks to MaryTess, I got the same three volumes on eBay not long ago. More pattern stitches than we can work through in a lifetime.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger grumperina said...

What do you think of the Fourth? I borrowed it from the library, and didn't think it was as good as the others. In fact, even the Third isn't that great.

I'm glad I have them, though, now I feel well-equipped if I need to design something from scratch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home