Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Delirium

Michelle: Wow! Ok, don't tell me you're not even a little curious as to how your cardigan would look unshaped with a Fun Fur capelet attachment? Scratch that: Festive Fur. I was just trying to challenge myself to think of something repulsive. My blog is broken and won't let me update :^( So I have to infiltrate yours :^)

Me: You are the only one who would recommend a Fun Fur (or better yet, Festive Fur) capelet as an addition to that cardigan. Tell ya what, I'll also make those ridiculous overalls from K1 and wear the trio as one complete outfit. Of course I'll have to wear the cowboy hat (trimmed in Fun Fur) and cowboy boots, too. Yeeehaw!

I'm home sick today, and slightly delirious from all the meds I'm popping, and all the tea and clementines are making me go to the bathroom every 20 minutes. However, as a result this delirium, I present this:


Michelle, this is for you.


Ladies and gentlemen, Vintage Pink Cardigan from Interweave Knits, paired with gorgeous Lion Brand overalls, a Festive Fur capelet, and a cowboy hat trimmed with Fun Fur. I should submit this to the geniuses at Lion Brand right now and you know this design is so good that it will be in the next issue of K1. That's right.

6 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!
MY EYES!!!!!!
Make it go away [whimper]

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah!

If there were a way to put that woman in a ridiculous, faux "yoga" pose, you'd be the wizard behind the next Lion Brand ad campaign! Wait.... one more thing... Super Chunky Jiffy (like, 2 stitches per inch, and 2" thick) fingerless wrist warmer thingees. That would round it out to be the perfect hillbilly wrestler, boxing gloved furry shouldered superhero -my new mascot!

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my stars, you are my new hero! I'm new to your blog, but I went to check it out after reading (and enjoying) your comments on Knitter's Review. Thank you for giving me my first laugh-out-loud moment of this week.

And btw, I have to confess that I'm in total awe of your talent as a knitter. Wowee.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger grumperina said...

Regina, thank you for all the nice things you've said, you are too kind :). I try my best with the knitting and with the laughing, even if I'm home sick.

Michelle - as much as I'd love to pretend that I'd be able to Photoshop your new mascot, the faux "yoga" pose is beyond my limits. But if you make one, we'd all love to see it :). One of these days I'll have to draw a complete person made out of Lion Brand yarns, hehe :).

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful, LB is also a source for refrigerator magnet patterns! You don't want to be caught short of frig magnets, do you? ROFL!!

Sorry you're sick; feel better soon!

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sick too, I have a horrible sinus infection and my snow day was wasted on being sick :(
I blocked the Clapotis and it is a whole new beast. The yarn softened slightly, it has much nicer drape, and it grew about a foot in length!
Lastly, I really think you have a future as a designer for Lion Brand. :) That is a vision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home