Sunday, March 06, 2005

Ready to go!

Well, the second of my Backyard Leaves scarves is done! Just in time, too, since the recipient's birthday get-together is tomorrow.


The two scarves, in perfect harmony :)


This means that I have no other distractions, and that I'm ready to dive head first into completing the pink cardigan from IK. I'm excited, a little nervous, but mainly excited!



Ever wonder how much you spend on knitting supplies? I do! Read this post on my personal blog to find out why I care so very much. Anyway, I've been keeping very, very careful track of my knitting expenses in an Excel spreadsheet. The first entry is dated 6/7/04, when I bought Knitting for Dummies, and the second entry is dated 7/17/04, when I bought a blanket pattern to use for my first project. And now, 8 months later, I have reached a milestone:


Ladies and gentleman, I have broken the one thousand dollar threshold. Clearly, this knitting thing is slightly more than a hobby.


So, anyone else keep track, or have an idea of how much they've spent in a year or half a year or as long as they've been knitting? :)

5 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm. Yes, I do know how much I've spent; we keep our stuff on Quicken. I won't mention how high in the 4-figure range my total goes. It astonishes me how fast $30 here and $50 there add up to "OMG - OUCH!, Umm, DH, honey......" I *have* tried to work the suggestion Megan made: "Sweetie, look, I've bought an asset - my yarn stash." I'm not sure it worked.

And there's no way my new part-time job is going to recoup the past spending. I'm hoping it will cover the ongoing... *sigh* I have such a problem with impulse control...

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I have no idea how much I've spent on yarn and supplies. I do know, however, that knitting has given me many hours of enjoyment, introduced me to new friends, and kindled my creativity. How can you put a pricetag on that?

I feel the punchline of a Mastercard commercial coming on....

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Laura Neal said...

My hubby doesn't complain about how much money I have spent on yarn since it keeps me out of his hair. He likes to game on the weekends with his friends and I am usually engrossed in a knitting pattern of some sort. He just complains about how much money I have spent on chairs for the kitchen, I think $39 for a solid wood queen anne style mahogony chair is cheap. Yes, I said that, cheap! I bought 4, by the way. I have several trunks of sock yarn hiding in the family room. I have yarn in my armoire, I have yarn upstairs in my junk room closet, I have yarn everywhere and he never says a word about it. I just have to knit him something every now and then and he is happy. If he only knew how much money I have spent on yarn, he would freak out. Hee hee.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a seriously OCD secretary, of *course* I keep a spreadsheet with all my stash and tools and supplies itemized. I started out including the accompanying dollar figures, but quickly abandoned that idea. I don't want to be reminded!!!

*la-la-la-la w/ hands over lil bee-ears*

~ honeybee33 ~
skep4honeybee33@yahoo.com

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger grumperina said...

honeybee33 - I la-la-la with hands over my ears, too :). But in order to pay rent successfully each month, I need the spreadsheet :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home