Tuesday, March 22, 2005

This post is about me

As though the rest of this blog isn’t! Hehehehe, hahahaha… Oy, my side is hurting.

I asked Tara of the DirtyPurls fame (which in my head I always rhyme, dirty purls, dirty girls :)) to interview me, and she has asked me these thoughtful and awesome questions:

1. I am dying to know the story behind the picture in your profile and on your button. Is that you?

Yes, that’s me in the picture. I was a grumpy child, and despite my parents’ best intentions, I’ve grown into a grumpy adult. Not all the time, but you know, most of all the time :). Here is that picture in higher-res:


And here is another picture of me as a child:


Convinced that Grumperina is the perfect name for me? :)


2. Since you're a pretty new knit blogger like me, tell us about your knitting history. How did you learn? How long have you been knitting? What's your favorite thing you've made so far? (I know I'm cheating b/c there are 3 questions, but they're all related, dammit!)

Someone showed me how to knit when I was little, maybe 8 or 9. I think it was my mom’s cousin. I learned to cast-on and knit. I knit maybe twenty stitches and that was the end of it. However, when I learned to knit this past July, I remembered how to hold the yarn (Continentally) and needles, so I learned quickly. I taught myself from the Knitting for Dummies book. So, I’ve been knitting 9 months. My favorite thing that I’ve knit so far is this pair of socks for my grandma, which I knit from Louet (what else?):


3. I dig that you are rebelling against the current Clapotis craze even though you love it. So is there anything in particular that will draw you to a pattern so that you absolutely have to knit it?

I love a challenge! If the pattern has at least two charts, I’ll almost definitely want to make it. If I need to make major pattern alterations, I’m up for it. If it involves learning a major technique, like knitting backwards or stranding using both hands, you know I’ve got the pattern already (yes, I did get the pattern this Saturday, but I’m saving that for another post). And you know if anyone ever tells me I won’t be able to make something, I’ll make it… and I have.

Otherwise, I prefer to work with yarn no heavier than worsted weight, and with needles no larger than US 7. If it’s pink or red, it helps.

The Clapotis thing… I just had to take a stand. I think you’ll all agree that it’s way too much at this point. I love it, I even bought yarn for it, but it.will.not.happen for me. I understand that BMKT (before my knitting time) there was something called Charlotte’s Shawl? Yeah, not for me.

4. Non knitting question... What's one place in the world you'd love to go and why? Or, if you've traveled alot, what is your favorite place you've been to?

I really, really want to go to Alaska. I’ve been collecting Alaska articles and Alaska books for several years now, and I’ve been planning the trip. I’m not sure when or how it will happen since my close friends can hardly be described as “outdoorsy.” I am not opposed to traveling on my own, as I have done on many occasions in the past, but a trip to Alaska will require driving, which I do very poorly.

5. So, like, when did your obsession with Louet start and how? (sorry, I couldn't resist!)

I guess grandma’s socks up above were my first Louet experience. And you know, once you go Louet, you never go back! Look, I Loueted today:


Thank you for interviewing me, Tara! And now I can interview you! Here are the rules:

1. Leave me a comment saying "interview me."

2. I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones above.

3. You will update YOUR blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

12 Comments:

At 2:43 AM, Blogger alexandria said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger alexandria said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! Interview me!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Grumperina, that is just the most fantastic picture ever! I love that second one. The look on your face is priceless.

Thanks for sharing!

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh heck, I'll be a follower...interview me too, because I know you'll have unusual questions.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Those pictures of you made me laugh out loud! Why so grumpy?

Me LOVES the color of your new Louet. I have Louet envy!

And P.S. I actually did name my blog 'dirty purls' b/c it rhymes with 'dirty girls'! That was a nickname my friends and I got in college b/c of our Sex and the City type conversations... Are you like, psychic or something?? :)

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Katie said...

You know, I think I have a photo of my daughter with a grumpy face like that. I call her my "feisty broad" (whereas her brother is more the "sensitive soul."

I think you hae enough but, what the hey, you can interview me too if you want.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the new red Louet! Mmmmmmmm...

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are cracking me up with those photos.

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, that is the funniest little grumpy picture. I love it! Made me laugh out loud.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Those grumpy pictures of you are adorable! Too cute.

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is so cute, I can't stand it! If I saw you as a little girl I'd have scared your mother by running over and hugging you!

Interview me, I love and need the attention!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home